AMA - Ratchet

Discussion in 'News & Offtopic' started by Ratchet, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Hit me with your best shot. I probably won't answer particularly personal questions but everything else is on the table.

2. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    765,852℘
    Ratings:
    +2,274 / 99 / -2
    Why is your taste so shit?
    Why cant you see your taste is shit?
    When you gonna Git Gud?
    Admin abuse stop when?
    Fav mafia game?

3. Nom Nom

Nom Nom

Pocky:
    1,999℘
    Ratings:
    +912 / 9 / -3
    Your waifus?

4. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    I can't answer this, because it's based on a false premise. My taste is not shit.
    Because generally, we can't see things that are untrue. Woah... deep...
    At what? I'm fairly competent in most things I apply myself to.
    When the admin stops being too bullyable.
    Hmm, tough.

Probably Dante's Game of Thrones Mafia, from 2013. It was hosed on a site that's no longer online, so it can't be read, but it was a thriller throughout really. Early in the game, I got myself "confirmed Town" via a cop investigation, and proceeded to lead the Town like I usually did back then. At one point though, I took the easy mislynch instead of the serial lynch, and when I tried to run it back it failed as we had already reached majority, which changed the game for us. The serial killed one of my Mafia mates, we were 3 strong in total, and while I got them lynched the next day it made the closing a lot harder. I'd massively overextended myself in LyLo, but we somehow managed to get a mislynch to save the game for us, or so we thought. The game went into Night Phase, and again, I tried to cover all my bases and in doing so nearly ended the game in a draw. There was a town role that would kill anyone that targeted it, but there was a condition on this ability and there was a small chance that it would activate. The condition was met, and it missed activating by something like 3 or 2 (25% chance of activation, Dante rolled like a 27). We won the game, and it was the very first victory I had achieved as Mafia after something like 6 or 7 losses.

Weird how it's changed, really. Record wise I have a better win percentage as Mafia than I do as anything else. In any case, it was one of those great games that remind you why it's so fun to play.

In terms of favourite Mafia game as Mafia, probably Rot's first Schlock Mercenary on OJ. Wasn't a clean performance but it was a hell of a lot of fun being scum with Dante for the first time, and the reactions after the game were priceless. Those were better times, then.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 1, 2017 ---
    I've been putting off this question, I've been meaning to make a post in the Waifu thread but never got to it due to general laziness in compiling it and whatnot. So here goes, in order (roughly):

Ruby Tojo - Rosario + Vampire
    Medb - Fate/Grand Order
    Rimi Sakihata - Chaos;Head NoAH
    Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa
    Ryouko Asakura - Haruhi Suzumiya
    Eli Ayase - Love Live
    Asuka Langley Soryu - Neon Genesis Evangelion

That's the best list I have.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Nom Nom

Nom Nom

Pocky:
    1,999℘
    Ratings:
    +912 / 9 / -3
    Would you call yourself a generally lazy person?

6. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Eh, in some ways. When I'm motivated to do something, I'm pretty dedicated to it, and will happily go above and beyond for it to be better. The problem is I don't motivate myself easily, so I find myself putting things off until much later due to it. So to answer your question, yes and no.

7. Nom Nom

Nom Nom

Pocky:
    1,999℘
    Ratings:
    +912 / 9 / -3
    Do you try to look at every situation rationally or are you biased towards a few things?

8. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    I think objectivity is something most people strive for, to be truly rational and precise to come to the best conclusion. That said, I think it's impossible to carry over into everything. I have my biases, and in some cases I'll try and work around them to be as rational as I can, and in others I will simply react on emotion (like with sports and whatnot). So that's where I'm at there. I try, most of the time, but there are more than a few scenarios where I won't even try to be.

9. Nom Nom

Nom Nom

Pocky:
    1,999℘
    Ratings:
    +912 / 9 / -3
    That is called being human mate.

Am I allowed to ask more questions? :scoobyhuh

10. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Indeed, indeed.
    Sure, absolutely. No limit here. I'm about to go afk so I can finish an assignment off, but I'll answer them when I'm done with it later on.

11. Nom Nom

Nom Nom

Pocky:
    1,999℘
    Ratings:
    +912 / 9 / -3
    Which side of the scale is heavier for you, pen or sword, in the classic proverb of pen is mightier than the sword?

12. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    765,852℘
    Ratings:
    +2,274 / 99 / -2
    Thats what everyone with shit taste says :catdank
    or in your case see things which are true
    I'll bully you , You rat :drake

13. ewhee~

ewhee~

Pocky:
    7,222℘
    Ratings:
    +275 / 6 / -1
    Thoughts on uwu and death penalty?

14. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Pocky:
    2,215℘
    Ratings:
    +1,226 / 2 / -2
    What do you generally like doing to pass the time?

Are you an avid reader? If so, Favourite books?

15. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Oh pen, easily. Being able to influence others is far more powerful than any physical strength, and this is true in pretty much everything, especially politics. Maybe if you look back a few hundred years this may not have been the case, but it most certainly is now.
    Is there a question here?
    OwO
    In the past, I was pretty against the death penalty. I'm still not all for it, but in some cases I think it is needed. For example, I agree with Trump on the perpetrator of the New York terrorist incident getting it, as he doesn't deserve a chance to reform nor does he seem to intend to. No good will come of simply imprisoning people like that, and I don't think the overall scale of the crime should be a deciding factor. Maybe it will deter others from launching a similar attack. That said, it should only be used in very specific examples like this one. Terrorism is one, but the worst thing that could happen is applying it to someone who is innocent.
    A range of things, really. Have a look on the internet, watch some anime, play some games occasionally, maybe grab a cup of tea and listen to some music.
    I wouldn't say avid, but I don't dislike reading, I don't read many actual novels, so my favourite books are probably the Song of Ice and Fire series. I'd like to read more to be honest, I just haven't found something that really gets me into it. Maybe I'll have a look into some mystery novels sometime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Nom Nom

Nom Nom

Pocky:
    1,999℘
    Ratings:
    +912 / 9 / -3
    Well, that's definitely something we agree upon.

Do you play sports?

17. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    I play tennis, though not often at this time of year due to the weather. I'm a pretty big sports fan, with tennis, American Football and Football (soccer), but the latter two I don't play (I'd love to play American Football sometime but opportunity here is far from great).