Game Legend of Heroes Trails of games

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nep Nep, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    The best animu games ever.

No really.

It's actually a long running series that I recommend to any JRPG fan, even anime fans that just play video games in general.

These games are incredibly dialogue heavy, they have some of the most incredible world building of any series ever and boy do they have some great characters.

They all take place on the fictional Zemuria continent. The first three games take place in the southernmost country of Liberl, the next two games take place in the central independent state of Crossbell, and the latest 3 games take place in the northern country of the Erebonian Empire.

Trails in the Sky Series

Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC

[​IMG]

Plot summary -> Estelle and Joshua now 16 years of age set out from their fathers home to become Bracers.

Bracers are extremely skilled warriors whose motto is to protect the citizens above all else.

From finding some ditzy lady's lost cat all the way to stopping national crises Bracers do it all for the people.

However a plot that will throw their country of Liberl into chaos stirs quietly beneath the surface.

Steam Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    I won't spoil the plot of the next game cause pretty much any key points give away the best parts of the first game. Don't read the plot summaries in the steam page/links if you don't wanna be spoiled either.

Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC

[​IMG]

Steam Page

Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky The Third

[​IMG]

Steam Page

Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki

[​IMG]

Plot Summary -> Taking place after the Sky Trilogy, Lloyd bannings returns from studying abroad to his home city of Crossbell which has undergone massive changes to its structure and technology.

Having earned a detective license and hoping to join the 1st crime division of the Crossbell Police Department he instead gets wrapped up in the Police departments ongoing feud with the bracers and instead is put head of the "Special Support Section"

The Special Support Section is a branch of the police department that on the surface is a mere copy of the Bracers but in truth fills the gaps that the police and bracers can't.

Here he meets Tio Plato, Elie Macdowell, and Randy Orlando who have no police or detective training and they all set out to work.

However a horrifying event from Zemuria's dark past once again casts its creeping shadow over Crossbell.

------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately Zero no Kiseki is not officially available in the West but there is a decent English translation patch that works just fine.

Since this sequel actually has completely new protagonists it's not absolutely necessary to play it before the next arc but it adds a crap ton to both the Sky series and the next series.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Legend of Heroes Ao no Kiseki

[​IMG]

The second and last game in the Crossbell arc which I can't give plot details to without spoiling the first game.

This one is also unreleased in the West.

The current translation for it is worse off than Zero unfortunately.

However the maker of the Zero translation has completed 70% of translating Ao to English so it won't be long before it has a proper patch.

The current patch can get you through the story but all the rest of the dialogue is gibberish machine translations.

-------------------------------------------------
    Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel

[​IMG]

Amusingly this game intersects with the Crossbell arcs second game.

The Crossbell events are actually noted and even seen to a small degree all the way into the second Cold Steel game.

These games are on PSVITA and PC.

Steam Page

I'll just let the steam page do the plot summary this time!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II

[​IMG]

This one is still coming to Steam so it's not available on PC yet, it is on Vita in the west though.

I won't spoil the plot obviously because every key point would ruin the first game a little for you.

------------------------------------------------------
    Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III

[​IMG]

This one isn't out in the West at all yet and so far only a PS4 release is confirmed.

A PC release is highly likely though.

As for the plot...

Maybe I can give a way a little without ruining the previous games.

Basically, after all the events from the last two games Rean becomes an instructor at a branch of the military academy he attended in the first two games.

He meets characters from both Sky and Crossbell arcs as everything starts to tangle together.

-------------------------------------------------------

WHEW

And that's it for now. Basically us fans are in high anticipation of Cold Steel 3.

Currently I'm playing Ao No Kiseki with it's meh translation patch, by the time Steel 3 gets here, since the good Ao patch is nearly done we'll all be able to play a decent English version of it.

So basically. You should play these and then talk about them with me. Cause they're awesome.

Do it. PLAY IT. NOW.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    765,852℘
    Ratings:
    +2,274 / 99 / -2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    Oh my sweet Christ.

I like this place already.

Come friends, let us drink and chat merrily... although without inviting Schera or Aina.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Momoyo Kawakami

Momoyo Kawakami Administrator

Pocky:
    90,805℘
    Ratings:
    +122 / 2 / -0
    Wew another LOH fan. I'm hype for TOCS 3, I been following the Gaf import thread for it and the impressions are positive so far. If Xseed doesn't announce CS3 for us in PSX (the next biggest Playstation event), I might jump into just importing it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    Personally I'm hoping they'll pop it onto PC later.

I'm waiting for the perfected versions of the fan translations for Zero and Ao anyways.

I finished Zero a few days ago and I'm in the middle of Ao now.

I also want to purchase Cold Steel 1 and 2 a second time for PC since the vita versions runs sloppy in some areas.

I'm in no big rush, I've been doing the character endings in Cold Steel 1 and 2 one at a time, after I finish Ao I'm going to do my Sara run.

I've got Fie, Millium, Laura, and Emma completed so far.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke

Pocky:
    1,037℘
    Ratings:
    +404 / 1 / -0
    Awesome , I've seen and some what played all the games of the series so far besides CS3 as I'm waiting for that to be released like everyone else lol

You can get Zero legally on PC and I'm testing what works in the beta patch and putting results here: https://lukedbz.imgur.com/
    You can get the PC HD version on DLSITE to support the series : http://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ009178.html . And a full 100% fan translation is been worked on by the awesome people at Geofront: https://geofront.esterior.net .
    A walkthrough can be found here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/995652-eiyuu-densetsu-zero-no-kiseki/faqs/66823 .

There is the psp option Ao no Kiskei but the game can cost just as much as a psp lol

I've also done two theories for series kiseki/trails.
    https://kisekicrack.esterior.net/author/luke/

Theories contains spoilers for sky series and CS1 and 2 including the CS2 NG+ bonus mission though you can view it here:

Any crossbell talk should be spoiler tagged I think to avoid spoiling ha ha.

Thanks for the tag:love

Cool, didn't know you were a fan and what games have you played ?

7. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Yeah, I've played the Sky Trilogy and Cold Steel 1&2. Currently on my second playthrough of CS1. I'll get to Zero soon™.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    I see.

I want to buy the PC releases of both once those two fan translations are done.

For now I played Zero on PSP and am right in chapter 3 for Ao.

The Ao one is almost 70% done now. It shouldn't be long.

Current Ao patch is really weird though, it definitely doesn't allow full enjoyment of the game like the Zero patch.

The NPC's are machine translated gibberish and that includes a ton of optional scenes unfortunately.

I even had one point in the story where for some reason it was really off, I know because it's supposed to include what's in the translation spreadsheet word for word and it wasn't.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Luke

Luke

Pocky:
    1,037℘
    Ratings:
    +404 / 1 / -0
    You can buy Zero legally here: http://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ009178.html
    Just use the english site guide and google translate but if you need any help just let me know and I'll try help you with it.

Ao patch is horrible machine translated with some kitsune stuff I just watched a walk through of it here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEaex9xn7t5XVJ1J5GbyPP2jMm7Z3iuz
    Better english dubbed version follows the main events and stuff.
    Follows everything despite number mix up in the end but plays straight through no issues.
    Anything translated properly is dubbed.

Just wait till the end of chapter 3 XD

10. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    The screens you showed me for your Zero translation looks like it's a little worse off than the one I played though.

Even the detective notebook is translated in mine. Pretty much everything is. It's actually a decent translation if a bit direct and with it's grammar/spelling errors here and there but it's way better than Ao right now.

As soon as Geofront finishes their Zero translation I WILL buy the PC version and replay.

Once Guren finishes his Ao translation I'll buy the PC version for that too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Momoyo Kawakami

Momoyo Kawakami Administrator

Pocky:
    90,805℘
    Ratings:
    +122 / 2 / -0
    LOH TiTS series and TOCS series.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    I'm actually eager to replay Steel 1 AND 2 after I finish Ao, it's gonna fill in so many little bits.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luke

Luke

Pocky:
    1,037℘
    Ratings:
    +404 / 1 / -0
    I used the legal PC version and some of the patch was causing issues anything left in Japanese was causing an issue during my test on it though I just left the battle menu in japanese as I like to have the HD menu XD

Very nice and if you want to the crossebell games or want to watch a walkthrough let me know and I'll link you :)

XD fun times ahead and Towa best girl ;)

14. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    I just don't want to spend money yet on something that I can only partially enjoy.

Once I can enjoy them fully in English I'll pay up.

I was excited about her but I heard her bonding events aren't very romantic 8U

My absolute favorite is Fie from Steel and overall she ties with Tio for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    A night playing through a new Trails game.
    ------------
    Okay... I'll definitely stop after the events resolve.

-Shit gets real-

NOOO HE DID WHHAAAAAT? THINGS ARE BURNING JAEGARS ARE STABBING KITTENS.!!!

Ouroboros is plotting to do what with my mother?!?

-Gets sent to jail-

-Breaks out of jail-

Oh... it's 3 AM.

Huh...

Welp. There's my sleep cycle completely and utterly ruined.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Luke

Luke

Pocky:
    1,037℘
    Ratings:
    +404 / 1 / -0
    I understand and when the patch is complete I hope you truly enjoy it XD
    If you need any help buying it just let me know

Towa is awesome though yeah she doesn't get as many lovey dovey scenes but none can compare to her in terms of adorableness and falcom have technically pointed she is best girl by using her name and character design fro another newer non related game ;)
    Ha ha ha welcome to the havoc that is crossbell
    I'm putting this in spoiler since most haven't played the crossbell games

The Ao translation sucks :p

Lyod never says my mother in the game lol

I wonder who employed the jaegars ? was it Osbourne , rocksmith, orob , or someone else ?

What happened to Abbas, Rixia and Illya and others ?

This is only the beginning :kappa

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    I think Alfin is pretty adorbs too actually. I plan to do a run with her as well, maybe after Sara.

Crosssssbeeeelllll spoiler
    I got my Tio back right away so I'm at ease!

Wazy though... I didn't expect that...

The translation I'm using is almost word for word the actual translation sheet by Kitsune so it's removed any "my mothers" from the story.

The Ouroboros is doing what to my mother was a joke XD

I was horrified with Llya at first but it seems she'll pull through just fine.

Ofc having played CS2 I know everyone will be fine anyways but quite interesting.

I'm more curious about what happens to Garcia.

I wonder if he ever returns to Zephyr?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    I have to face Arianrhod soon x.x I'm scared.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Luke

Luke

Pocky:
    1,037℘
    Ratings:
    +404 / 1 / -0
    Indeed Tio back in style lol

Wazy was hinted during the 2 games but just wait and see what is up XD

Oh lol

Ha ha yeah but do you think a mere fleshwound could ever stop the great Iilya lol

Ha ha what happens to Garcia XD and what do you think of Rixia and Noel's reactions ? if you have seen them yet?

What happened Bell and Dieter ? ha ha

And yes you will get rekt like scrub :blobsweat

20. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    Well I managed to demask Arianrhod but I slipped up and couldn't Zero field in time so she slipped an s-craft in 8U

Crossbell Spoilerssss 2 redux revengeance blah blah blah

Noel and Rixia's reactions? In which event specifically?

Well from Cold Steel I know that Dieter isn't president for long and I spoiled myself ages ago and know Bell becomes part of Ouroboros