Official Mafia Calendar

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Rotaretilbo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Threadmarks: Calendar
    Rotaretilbo

Rotaretilbo Administrator

Pocky:
    1,905℘
    Ratings:
    +413 / 21 / -4
    MangaMaid Official Mafia Calendar
    We use this to schedule games and maintain order.
    If you've never heard of mafia, click here.​

Special Users
    If you have any questions, you can direct them to these users.

Game Queue

Game History

GameHost(s)CoachStart DateEnd DateWon By
    Portal 2 Mafia@RotaretilboN/A2017-10-072017-10-28Mafia
    Food Wars! Mafia@SirDante, @RotaretilboN/A2017-11-142017-12-17Cult
    Bleach Mafia II: Arrancar Saga@ArkN/A2017-12-262018-01-21Serial
    Jester Mafia@DraculaN/A2018-01-212018-01-29Jester
    SciADV Mafia Redux@RatchetN/A2018-02-022018-03-02Town
    Dragon Ball Z Mafia: Frieza Arc@RotaretilboN/A2018-03-062018-03-30Mafia
    Final Fantasy VI Mafia: Locke's Scenario@Sonnua, @Nicholas@Rotaretilbo2018-04-072018-04-23Mafia
    The Noose is Loose Mafia@SirDanteN/A2018-04-262018-05-20Serial

Disciplinary Action

UserGameReasonAction Taken
    @AL samaBleach Mafia II: Arrancar SagaInactivity Without Notice1 Strike; Expires 2019-01-31
    @CheetoFingerBleach Mafia II: Arrancar SagaInactivity Without Notice1 Strike; Expires 2019-01-31
    @FinalbetaBleach Mafia II: Arrancar SagaInactivity Without Notice1 Strike; Expires 2019-01-31
    @JacobBleach Mafia II: Arrancar SagaInactivity Without Notice1 Strike; Expires 2019-01-31
    @JeroenBleach Mafia II: Arrancar SagaInactivity Without Notice1 Strike; Expires 2019-01-31
    @MohitBleach Mafia II: Arrancar SagaInactivity Without Notice1 Strike; Expires 2019-01-31
    @FinalbetaDragon Ball Z Mafia: Frieza ArcGame Throwing1 Strike; Expires 2019-04-02
    @FinalbetaDragon Ball Z Mafia: Frieza ArcIntent to Provoke Toxicity from Others1 Strike; No Expiry

Operational Policies
    These are the rules that govern this calendar.
    1. These policies dictate how a game is placed in the queue.
      1. In order to request a slot on the queue, a prospective host must first have played in at least two games that ran to completion here on MangaMaid.
      2. A prospective host may request assistance from a coach in preparing for and running a game at the prospective host's discretion.
      3. <reserved>
      4. A prospective host may only have one game in the queue at any given time. When a game has multiple cohosts, that game counts as each of those prospective cohosts' spots on the queue. As such, a prospective host must declare any and all cohosts prior to the game entering the queue. However, a prospective host may declare a coach or observer at any time prior to posting signups for said game.
      5. The following terms are defined as such:
        • A "host" is defined as the user responsible for running a game of mafia.
        • A "cohost" is defined as one of several users responsible for running the same game of mafia.
        • A "prospective" host/cohost is defined as a user that wishes to be the host of a future game by placing that game on a queue.
        • A "coach" is defined as a user with significant hosting experience and deep understanding of balance that is allowed to assist hosts with running a game without being considered a cohost.
        • An "observer" is defined as a user probated from hosting that is observing a game being run by a coach as part of rehabilitation.
    2. These policies dictate the movement of games within the queue.
      1. Only one game may be running at any given time. The host/cohosts of the next game in line cannot start said game until the current game has been completed or declared incomplete.
      2. For a game with a single prospective host, the prospective host may request at any time to move said game back any number of slots in the queue. Moreover, the prospective host of such a game may choose at any time to remove that game from the queue. Finally, the prospective host of such a game may request to move that game forward any number of slots in the queue, but requires express permission in this thread from each prospective host/cohost being passed to do so; a game cannot move above a game that is already running in this manner. However, a game with multiple prospective cohosts cannot be moved back in, removed from, or moved forward in the queue unless all prospective cohosts agree; instead, a prospective cohost may opt to cease being a prospective cohost of that game.
      3. When a game reaches the top of the queue, a period of one week will be allowed to elapse, after which, if the game's signups have not been posted by the prospective host/cohosts, and the game is still at the top of the queue, the second game in the queue will have an opportunity to go. If the second game in line similarly fails to enter signups for one week, or the prospective host/cohosts of that game state that the game is not yet ready, then the third game in line will have an opportunity to go, and so on, until a game is found that is ready to run, at which point, this game will be moved to the top of the queue without requiring additional consent from the prospective hosts/cohosts of games being passed.
      4. If one of multiple cohosts of a game that is currently being run decides to stop or is otherwise unable to continue participating in running said game, then the other cohost(s) may choose to continue running the game, and the cohost leaving the game is no longer considered a cohost of that game; a game cannot be declared incomplete unless all current cohosts agree to do so. If the singular host of a game decides to stop or is otherwise unable to continue running said game, a coach, if already present, may choose to continue running the game without special permission from the host, unless the host explicitly chooses to declare the game incomplete. If no coach is present, the host may choose a user otherwise qualified to host a game which is not currently alive in the game in question, and pass all relevant information to them in order for that user to take over as host of the game; a user so chosen must agree to move any game of which they are a prospective host or cohost in the queue as the game to be taken over to the bottom of that queue. Otherwise, the host must either declare the game incomplete.
      5. A game that has been completed is removed from the queue and placed in the Games History section, where the winning faction of that game will be displayed. A game that has been declared incomplete is removed from the queue and placed in the Games History section, but is marked as "Incomplete" where a winning faction would otherwise be displayed.
    3. <reserved>
    4. These policies dictate how misconduct is dealt with.
      1. Once a game has ended, the host or cohosts of that game may choose to request that strikes be applied against a player for misconduct in said game within one week of the game ending. Player misconduct includes but is not limited to engaging in activities in violation of the rules stated by the game's host, failing to maintain an acceptable level of activity, engaging in any activities with the intention of granting an unfair advantage to one's self or another player, and/or engaging in activities with the intention of going against the spirit of the game. The calendar moderator(s) will review these accusations on a case-by-case basis, and determine whether or not to apply the strike against the player in question. A strike expires after one year of being approved by the calendar moderator(s). A host or cohost may not bar a user from being a player in a game unless that user has two strikes against them, and is required to bar a user with three strikes against them from becoming a player in a game.
      2. Once a game has ended, the players of that game may choose to request that action be taken against the host of said game for misconduct within one week of the game ending. Host misconduct includes but is not limited to misbalancing a game to give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a specific player or players, giving information to a living player that may affect their actions and choices in the game without mechanical cause, altering a player's action(s) with neither their consent nor mechanical cause, and/or inconsistently enforcing rules in a way that favors or hinders a specific player or players. The calendar moderator(s) will review these accusations on a case-by-case basis, and determine what action is appropriate. In cases where the misconduct is not believed to be real, no action should be taken. In cases where the misconduct is believed to be real but unintentional, the calendar moderator(s) should choose to either issue a warning or probate the host in question, depending on the severity of the misconduct. In cases where the misconduct is believed to be both real and intentional, the calendar moderator(s) should probate the host in question. A host so probated will be removed from the queue and be unable to thereafter enter the queue until they have fulfilled rehabilitation, as determined by the calendar moderator(s) depending on the severity of the misconduct. If the misconduct is severe enough to require probation, the game in question may be retroactively declared incomplete by the calendar moderator(s).
      3. If a user attempts to break any of these policies, such as by attempting to host a game out of turn, the calendar moderator(s) may choose to apply three strikes against that user, probate that user indefinitely, or both, depending on the severity of the action. An indefinite probation can be reduced to a normal probation by the calendar moderator(s) via unanimous decision.
      4. If the same game stagnates the queue (as described in Policy#2.3) twice consecutively, the game will be removed from the queue, and the calendar moderator(s) may seek to take action against the prospective host or cohosts of that game for real but unintentional misconduct.
      5. A user probated from hosting may only participate in the hosting of games as an observer, and only of a game being hosted by a coach. An observer will be asked by the host to create a mock setup, mock role messages, mock writeups, and mock vote counts for the game being run, with the host rating the observer's performance in each of these categories on a scale from 1 to 5. The observer will not actually perform any real function within the game. If an observer receives an overall average rating of 4, that game will count towards the term of their rehabilitation. Once a probated user has completed the required term, the probation is lifted; however, the probation will still be listed for historical purposes.
    5. These policies dictate the powers and limits of the calendar moderator(s).
      1. A user may be selected to become a new calendar moderator by the calendar moderator(s) via unanimous decision, so long as the total number of calendar moderators does not exceed three. If some circumstance would reduce the number of calendar moderators to zero, a new calendar moderator must be selected by the MangaMaid administration team.
      2. The calendar moderator(s) are responsible for determining which players are considered coaches. Coaches must be selected by unanimous decision of the calendar moderator(s). A coach that is found guilty of any accusation under Policy#4.1, Policy#4.2, or Policy#4.3 immediately has their position as a coach revoked.
      3. The calendar moderator(s) may grant an exception to Policy#2.5, wherein the host of a game passes the game to a user that was not part of hosting that game. This exception allows the new host to maintain their spot in the queue, so long as the game being taken over is determined to be almost over. This determination is made by the calendar moderator(s) on a case-by-case basis, with input from the original host when available. The calendar moderator(s) may only grant this exception to a coach.
      4. If the host or all remaining cohosts of a game cease to run said game for a period of at least one week without giving any notice or indication of whether they wish to pass the game to another user or declare the game incomplete, then the calendar moderator(s) may declare the game incomplete, as defined in Policy#2.5, in lieu of the host or cohosts.
      5. A calendar moderator that is the subject of accusation under Policy#4.1, Policy#4.2, or Policy#4.3 may not participate in the deliberations normally granted the calendar moderators during such inquiries. If there is at least one other calendar moderator, then the determination is left to the other calendar moderator(s), but must be unanimous. If there are no other calendar moderators, then the decision is instead made by the MangaMaid administration team. A calendar moderator that is found to be guilty of an accusation under the aforementioned policies is immediately revoked of their position as a calendar moderator. If there was only one calendar host, the newly appointed calendar moderator should decide the specifics of the punishment beyond this; otherwise, the remaining calendar moderators should decide the specifics of the punishment, as normal.

Last edited: May 24, 2018 at 8:58 PM
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Threadmarks: Rotaretilbo - Add to Queue - Portal 2
    Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,905℘
    Ratings:
    +413 / 21 / -4
    I'll go ahead and add myself to the queue, since I'm essentially the only person that can run games atm. Gonna have to come up with a new theme, since my prepared games are all probably too big for what I imagine will be a small initial playerbase. Let's call it...Portal 2 Mafia. That seems like a theme that can be appropriately designed around 12 players.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Threadmarks: Ratchet - Add to Queue - Crisis on Earth-X
    Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    @Rotaretilbo Put me down for Crisis on Earth-X Mafia please.

4. Threadmarks: Rotaretilbo - Add to Queue - Dragon Ball Z: Frieza Arc
    Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,905℘
    Ratings:
    +413 / 21 / -4
    Adding myself to the queue. Theme is tentatively Dragon Ball Z: Frieza Arc.

5. Threadmarks: Ark - Change Theme - Bleach II
    Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    765,852℘
    Ratings:
    +2,274 / 99 / -2
    Bleach Mafia II :blobok

6. Threadmarks: Iwandesu - Add to Queue - Pokémon Adventures: Red, Green, and Blue
    Iwandesu

Iwandesu

Pocky:
    2,547℘
    Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -1
    played 2 games so yeah
    I'm adding myself to the queue with my Pokemon Adventures RBG mafia

7. Threadmarks: SirDante - Add to Queue - The Time Has Come, and So Have I
    SirDante

SirDante Section Moderator

Pocky:
    1,404℘
    Ratings:
    +364 / 10 / -0
    Add me back to the Q. “The Time has come and so have I.” - Mafia

• Like Like x 1
  8. Threadmarks: Evil - Add to Queue - Theme Unknown
    Evil

Evil Administrator

Pocky:
    774℘
    Ratings:
    +338 / 12 / -0
    Add me for a game haven't though of what topic just yet and would like a coach for it cause i might have questions about balance and stuff so whoever is up for it i don't have preference.

9. Threadmarks: Evil - Assign Coach - SirDante
    SirDante

SirDante Section Moderator

Pocky:
    1,404℘
    Ratings:
    +364 / 10 / -0
    Depends on if you want fun or not. If you want fun you get the Dante.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sonnua

Sonnua

Pocky:
    1,161℘
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5 / -0
    Can I put a gane in calendar even though I haven't completed 2 games but might complete 2 before it's my turn?
    if yes I'll like to run a game .flavour is ???(hidden flavor)

11. Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,905℘
    Ratings:
    +413 / 21 / -4
    I'd prefer to wait until you finish participation in at least one game.

12. Threadmarks: Iwandesu - Change Theme - Sayonara, Zetsubō Sensei
    Iwandesu

Iwandesu

Pocky:
    2,547℘
    Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -1
    Do you mind if i changed this to a sayonara zetsubou sensei game.
    Im currently working on both and the SZS should be completed earlier.
    @Ark

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Threadmarks: Ratchet - Change Theme - SciADV
    Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    @Rotaretilbo Changing theme from Crisis on Earth-X to SciADV, please and thank you. I don't remember what SciADV # I'm on, so just go with "SciADV Mafia" until I come up with a catchy subtitle.

14. Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,656℘
    Ratings:
    +228 / 23 / -0
    @Ratchet

I can default my position in queue to you if you'd like. I don't think I possess the schedule consistency in order to punctually host a game right now, nor for the remainder of the month, most likely.

15. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Alright, that's cool. My game isn't quite ready yet but I think I can finish before it's time to host.

16. Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,905℘
    Ratings:
    +413 / 21 / -4
    When @Ark's game wraps up, we'll revisit the subject.

17. Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,656℘
    Ratings:
    +228 / 23 / -0
    I am able to host it after all, but if you would like to jump before me in queue, that is also fine. @Ratchet

The game's expected lasting time is not greater than two weeks. (And is typically under one week on NF, but those are 24 hour day phases and I would likely employ a 48 hour day phase format here.)

18. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,830℘
    Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -10
    Na, if you're good to go by all means you go first. Thanks for the consideration.

19. Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,656℘
    Ratings:
    +228 / 23 / -0
    Alright.

I take it @Rotaretilbo I can only post the sign-ups once the Bleach game officially concludes?

I saw nothing about the rules of sign-up threads in the rules list, only that the next person in queue has a one week period to post theirs before the next valid game and host can cut in front.

20. Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,905℘
    Ratings:
    +413 / 21 / -4
    As currently written, there is no restriction on when you can put up signups, provided that you're next in line, and you don't put up the game thread until the current game is over.