Convo Mafia Convo 1 : Let's Stab Rot

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Ark, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,099℘
    Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -9
    Hard luck @Nfcnorth. I thought the Eagles would find a way to win but I didn't see that scoreline coming, just unfortunate you guys had your worst game of the season in the biggest game of the season sans the Super Bowl. Maybe the emotional energy expended last week just took the wind out of your sails.

I think if you guys can get a premier QB you'll be good to go next year. Just wasn't to be this time round. I feel like you guys have a better chance of getting here next year than, say, the Saints at least.

So, Pats v Eagles. Honestly, Pats look unstoppable. Brady is too good, and I just don't see the Eagles and Nick Foles getting it done against him. The Pats defence isn't great though but I don't know, I think it's all set for Brady to get his 6th. I'm rooting for them anyway, I like Brady and I like to see the Pats do well. They did us good by giving us Jimmy G for chump change after all ;).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nfcnorth

Nfcnorth

Pocky:
    546℘
    Ratings:
    +17 / 5 / -0
    @Ark site question that I honestly should have asked earlier how do I turn off email notification for pm convos (i.e like the bleach mafia chat). I see settings for in thread but not sure where the pm option is.

3. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    769,474℘
    Ratings:
    +2,116 / 82 / -2
    http://www.mangamaid.com/account/contact-details

Uncheck the following
    • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
      Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nfcnorth

Nfcnorth

Pocky:
    546℘
    Ratings:
    +17 / 5 / -0
    Thanks

5. Iwandesu

Iwandesu

Pocky:
    2,218℘
    Ratings:
    +79 / 7 / -1
    How do i get a coach

6. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    769,474℘
    Ratings:
    +2,116 / 82 / -2
  7. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,099℘
    Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -9
    Post in the Calendar thread that you wish to host a game, ideally adding what flavour you would like it to be, and ask for a coach. Then one of us will get back to you, depending on familiarity with the theme ourselves and whatnot.

8. Rotaretilbo

Rotaretilbo Administrator

Pocky:
    1,595℘
    Ratings:
    +312 / 15 / -4
    You just post in the Calendar saying "I'd like a coach."

9. Santi

Santi

Pocky:
    661℘
    Ratings:
    +105 / 9 / -0
    I'd just like to comment the following:

:drakelul

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tenshi-Sama

Tenshi-Sama

Pocky:
    2,096℘
    Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -0
    @Santi never have I been so glad I backed out of that game :blobuwu

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,099℘
    Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -9
    You don't want fun^10*int^40=Ir2?

12. Tenshi-Sama

Tenshi-Sama

Pocky:
    2,096℘
    Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -0
    Not if it involves ningens of the highest degree... :blobblush

13. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,099℘
    Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -9
    But that makes it more fun!
    for me

14. Snekhs

Snekhs

Pocky:
    3,223℘
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 8 / -0
    I still think the current game is fun :blobpeek

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,160℘
    Ratings:
    +135 / 10 / -0
    The classic predicament with a mafia community is that there are always people who clearly have no aptitude for it and you would them rather not play the game, however every mafia community is always in shortage of warm bodies for their games.

16. Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,595℘
    Ratings:
    +312 / 15 / -4
    You do get used to it, over time: the crushing disappointment with other people. But every once in a while, a special mix of incompetent, overconfident, and oblivious - someone bad at the game that thinks they are good at the game despite mounting, irrefutable evidence to the contrary - crosses your field of view, and you can't help but lash out in frustration, no matter how jaded, how numb to incompetence, you've let yourself become.

But at the end of the day, we need players, and having a rule against being bad would be catastrophic to getting new players into the game, because the general learning curve is somewhat steep, so we just have to put up with the occasional buffoon. At the risk of being a bully, @Finalbeta is something we'll just have to put up with.

17. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Pocky:
    2,342℘
    Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -1
    I'm playing the way I can. I can't deny that this isn't quite the forum I care about the most, I would be very hypocritical in that case. But I was active and contributed.

I tried to make people read me as Town and probably managed despite my lack of Mafia experience.

I never offended people for real, it was the other way around as you maybe mentioned in this post.

Life brings you to a point where you have to choose between endlessly thinking about the past and what you don't have anymore or rather go on and make a change. I'm slightly choosing the second and that's why I'm here on this forum today.

18. Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,595℘
    Ratings:
    +312 / 15 / -4
    You were active.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Pocky:
    2,342℘
    Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -1
    I role claimed/revealed, gave my reads and performed my actions.

People were damn focused on telling me I wasn't playing well and never wanted to discuss on who could have been Mafia.

Not my fault if people's general opinion towards me was so low that I was a weight instead of a potential help. This was just unrighteous, because I'm still a living person with a brain and even if my playstyle is different it can have its logic.

20. Rotaretilbo

Pocky:
    1,595℘
    Ratings:
    +312 / 15 / -4
    Your claim was poorly handled, with you giving information piecemeal in a way that could be easily misunderstood, was misunderstood. Your reads were worthless, amounting to OMGUS; anyone who suspected you was suspicious for suspecting you. Your action was possibly one of the most single damaging interactions to take place in the game.

None of that counts as contributing. Not to the Town win condition, at least.

We actually spent a great deal of time talking about who we thought could be Mafia. You just acted in a way that was grossly more suspicious than any other player, to the point that your behavior couldn't be ignored.

See, but that's the problem. You're once again externalizing fault. You've got it fucking backwards. People's opinion of you was so low that many of them could entertain the possibility that, despite your horrific behavior, you might still be Town. It wasn't that you convinced people you might be Town, nor that you acted in a pro-Town fashion. It was that people figured that you was so dumb that, despite acting in an incredibly destructive, anti-Town manner, you could still be Town.

This isn't about fucking differences in playstyle or being misunderstood. Your behavior lacked logic. Period. Full stop. End of sentence. Nothing you did jived with any manner of logic. You gave "explanations" for your thought process that were grossly warped, and when people pointed that out, you just said "I've explained myself, so you guys should accept it!"

It is ABSOLUTELY your fault that you were lynched. It was 110% your fault. YOU behaved suspiciously. YOU took actions that harmed the Town. YOU tried to write yourself off as confirmed when you weren't. YOU were dismissive of criticism and evasive of critique. YOU did all those things, and then have the fucking gall to claim that your lynch was anyone but your own fucking fault? Fuck off.

I could deal with you if you'd at least introspect for a fucking second and recognize that you fucked up, that you need to improve, but instead you complain about how it wasn't your fault, how you didn't do anything wrong, how all the other mean players lynched you because they don't like you. You fucked up, @Finalbeta. The least you could fucking do is own it.