Convo Mafia Convo 1 : Let's Stab Rot

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Ark, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Sonnua

Sonnua

Pocky:
    992℘
    Ratings:
    +63 / 4 / -0
    Absolutely xD
    The only character that powercreeps hector is hector himself :hestonpls

2. Nfcnorth

Nfcnorth

Pocky:
    680℘
    Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -0
    I did like how the Black knight power creeped himself in heroes. :dank

3. Sonnua

Sonnua

Pocky:
    992℘
    Ratings:
    +63 / 4 / -0
    And I like how Reinhardt is a great way to deal with Swordhart:dank

4. Dragomir

Dragomir

Pocky:
    544℘
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
  5. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    769,742℘
    Ratings:
    +2,224 / 90 / -2
    He might not mind but I do

How dare you take my job :pout:notlikemiya

Tho u can host on MM:hehe

6. Dragomir

Dragomir

Pocky:
    544℘
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    You're hosting Monster Mafia with him?

7. Ark

Ark Administrator

Pocky:
    769,742℘
    Ratings:
    +2,224 / 90 / -2
  8. Pou

Pou

Pocky:
    4,677℘
    Ratings:
    +937 / 32 / -0
    :hestonpls
    Ark: MM = MangaMaid
    Drago: MM = Monster Mafia

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dragomir

Dragomir

Pocky:
    544℘
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    So, what do y'all play here the most? Trad, reg, ToS?

10. Mohit

Mohit

Pocky:
    1,200℘
    Ratings:
    +70 / 7 / -1
    Trad

11. Evil

Evil Administrator

Pocky:
    730℘
    Ratings:
    +324 / 12 / -0
    Let me fix that for you.

We play mafia. There ain't no such thing as trad and reg that's just OJ terms that are just theirs and make barely any sense tbh.

12. Rotaretilbo

Rotaretilbo Administrator

Pocky:
    1,827℘
    Ratings:
    +405 / 19 / -4
    Essentially, yes. "Regular" is an incredibly niche and restrictive setup style that became popular on OJ when mafia was first introduced there, because one of the first games run there used those kinds of mechanics, and everyone else just assumed that was normal. It's why, when I try to bring mafia to a new community, I intentionally host simpler, more traditional games first, so that everyone understands what mafia is at its core, before breaking out my sillier setups thereafter. Not to say that you won't find any games here that are passingly similar to OJ's "regular", but there are some fundamental balance issues with the style as a whole, so you won't see too much of it. ToS is kind of the same way: there are fundamental balance issues present in the way Courtney translated a flash game to the forum medium, such as the way Trial Lynch works, that make it unappealing to run.

13. Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Pocky:
    625℘
    Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there! :)

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes

• You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure

• 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
    • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
    • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)

This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

[​IMG]

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info

• Day start.
    • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
    • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

Kind regards,

Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).

YEah he told me to post this

please nom me and shit because I am active on mu and shit

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,466℘
    Ratings:
    +202 / 19 / -0
    Didn't you only play one or two games? Why should I endorse you as a representative?

15. Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Pocky:
    625℘
    Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    i mean I am the only one active on mu here lol

16. Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,466℘
    Ratings:
    +202 / 19 / -0
    I'm from other mafia forums and that's not a gating factor. The representative simply makes an account if they don't have one already.

17. Zarathustra

Zarathustra

Pocky:
    625℘
    Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    case in point I know most people in the community including the jury and they know me. Outside of that I didn't force anyone to vote me. I was merely asking.

Also I used to play on Orojackson and uhh Sugoidesu which shared the same playerbase

18. novaselinenever

novaselinenever

Pocky:
    1,567℘
    Ratings:
    +312 / 4 / -1
    I nominate FinalBeta.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    1,647℘
    Ratings:
    +345 / 11 / -10
    I've no interest personally in playing it and I'm pretty sure neither Rot nor Dante want to play in it either (or anything to do with it for that matter), so as far as I'm concerned if you want it you can play as our representative.

However, in the interest of fairness and all if anyone else wants to play I ask that they tag me here and I can put it to a vote for the community at large.

Also @Zarathustra I ask that you play a couple more games here at least. If you don't, I'm not going to say you can't play, but I think to have some recent games here at least so that you would actually be representing the community would be a good deal. I don't know how long the current game has got left but I don't think it's too long, and from there the next game shouldn't be too long after. I can let you know closer to the time if you want. Even if it's signing up as a substitute, though I'd rather you play obviously.

As for anyone else who wants to play, be advised that the "500 posts per 24 hours" is heavily understated in my experience. You're going to have to set aside a fair few days worth of time to be properly engaged. As for expectations you're under no pressure here, I just ask that you put forth an honest effort and try to represent the community in a positive light.

I'll message Thingyman later to let him know MangaMaid is participating (I'll have a word with Dante and Rot first to make sure, but I think I know what they're going to say).

20. Mohit

Mohit

Pocky:
    1,200℘
    Ratings:
    +70 / 7 / -1
    I can back this nomination let others know too how great fb is

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1