Game Parasyte: The Maxim

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Dracula, May 30, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: Game Rules & Setup
    Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,756℘
    Ratings:
    +267 / 23 / -1
    [​IMG]

"We are no longer on top of the food chain."

Game Style
    • Normal Setup: This game will not feature any considerable deviations from mafia fundamentals.
    • Closed Setup: No information about the setup of this game will be revealed in the game thread until the game has ended. Roles will only be revealed upon death.
    • Closed Communication: Once this game has started, players will not be allowed to discuss it outside of the game thread or during Night phases, except as specifically dictated in individual Role PMs.
    • Open Claiming: This game will feature restrictions on neither role claiming nor character claiming, except as specifically dictated in individual Role PMs.
    • Day Start: This game will begin with a Day 1.
    • Plurality/Majority Lynch : A lynch will occur and end the day phase immediately upon reaching majority. If no majority is reached by the end of 48 hours, the player with the most votes (calculating voting power) will be lynched instead.
    • No Dawn: In this game, each Night phase will officially end when the next Day phase begins.
    • Hard-Limited Day: A hard deadline of 48 hours will be imposed on the length of Day phases, any further extension will be considered part of the dusk phase.
    • Quasi-Dusk: In this game, each Day phase will officially end as soon as a majority lynch is achieved or a deadline is reached, whichever occurs first. A Dusk phase will not be officially recognized, and players may continue discussing in the game thread until the next Night phase officially begins, but day actions and voting sent after the Day phase has officially ended will be ignored.
    • Semi-Limited Night: A hard deadline of 48 hours will be imposed on the length of Night phases, but if all actions are received before that deadline, I reserve the right to end the corresponding Night phase early, and I also reserve the right to extend any Night phase for any reason I deem fit on a case-by-case basis.
    General Rules

• I require a participation level of three(3) posts every 48 hours.
    • Do not night post. If the End of Day(EoD) write-up was unexpected posted before your posts, please delete your post promptly. Reaction posts are not allowed. You may use the ratings if you wish.
    • Do not, under any circumstances, reveal any information to any player regarding this game if you are no longer alive. There will be a Graveyard QT provided for the perished. Dead players may not post or use ratings.
    • Do not quote Private Messages from me; paraphrase. And no, replacing second-person pronouns with first-person pronouns does not count as paraphrasing. Any attempt to analyze the specific wording of Private Messages from me will result in modkill.
    • Do not edit your posts; double post if necessary. I reserve the right to modkill any player that edits a post.
    • Vote towards a lynch by typing Vote: <name>, where <name> is the name of the player for whom you are voting. To change your vote, type Vote: <newname>, where <newname> is the name of the player you to whom are changing your vote. I appreciate unvoting, change votes, and/or tagging votes, but these are not required for the vote to count.
    • You may not vote for yourself.
    • You may not self target.
    • If you believe that I have made a mistake, please address the issue with me via Private Message. Save any comments or complaints regarding either my behavior as host or the overall balance/setup of the game for after the game.

Activity

• If you fail to meet the posting requirement one day, you will be prompted during the night to submit to me an apology of a 100-word count minimum that will be publicly posted after the game. If you do so, you will be forgiven once.
    • If you notify me of possible unavailability in an upcoming day phase in advance, you will be excused and not required to submit to me a letter of apology.
    • At the 24 hour mark, the host will provide a vote count and activity check on the current players. Players who have not yet satisfied their posting requirements will be prompted.
    • I will not accept any more replacements or substitutes after Night 3.
    • If I fail to find a replacement or substitute, I will be forced to modkill the player.
    • Blatant attempts to satisfy the posting requirement in order to meet the quota (i.e 'posting to meet the requirement posts such as "1, 2, 3...", etc. will be considered a violation of the game and the player will be force-replaced or modkilled.

**Very Important**

• This game possesses some elements, interactions, and mechanics which may be considered bastard.
    • However, I can assure you that the host is not a player nor will I ever intentionally lie to you.
    • There are a total of 10 hidden mechanics, interactions, and abilities this game. For the sake of clarity and integrity, they have been posted to the Graveyard QT to ensure the players that I am not improvising anything.
    • I can confirm that there is neither a Jester or the presence of any Death Millers in this game. Whatever role and alignment a player flips is true.
    • Killers will not be identified in the night write-up. (i.e Player X has been killed.)
    • Failed kills will always appear in the night write-up, for whatever reason. However, the intended victim's name will not be published in the thread. (i.e Someone attempted to kill ???, but failed)
    • The vote counts, both mid-day and EoD, may not match actual vote values.
    • In the event of a true plurality tie, the candidate who was most recently voted for will be the one to be lynched.

Events

Players

1. novaselinenever Kana Kimishima (Killed on Night 2)
    2. Snekhs
    3. ewhee~ Miki (Killed on Night 3)
    4. Rotaretilbo iwandesu
    5. Ratchet
    6. Dr. White Takeshi Hirokawa (Killed on Day 5)
    7. Dazai
    8. Makena
    9. Santi Dragomir Haruki Tachikawa (Killed on Night 3)
    10. Lord Genome Reiko Tamura Reiko Tamura Reiko Tamura (Killed on Night 4)
    11. MUUGEN Nobuko Izumi Nobuko Izumi (Lynched on Day 4)
    12. ~Mystic Serenade~ Kazuki Nagai (Killed on Night 2)
    13. King
    14. Mio
    15. Sphyer Yuko Tachikawa (Lynched on Day 2)

7/15 Players Alive currently on Day 5.

Subs

1. Mohit
    2. Al sama

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Threadmarks: Day 1 Start
    Dracula

Dracula

Pocky:
    2,756℘
    Ratings:
    +267 / 23 / -1
    Chapter 1: Infestation

The boy took off into a sprint, panting heavily as he darted around street corners, dashing across busy city streets, and through dark back-alleys. He never once looked back, for he knew if he did, he was dead.

He finally came to a stop at a dead-end in a lot behind a bar. He crumpled to the ground, shivering and in tears.

Monsters were real. Monsters were real. He huddled his knees to his chest as he rocked back and forth.

It is Day 1.
    There are 15 of you, so it is 8 for a majority lynch.
    If a majority vote is not achieved, Day 1 will end with a plurality lynch in 48 hours:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20180601T12&p0=179&msg=Day+1+Ends&font=cursive

GAME BEGINS.
    YOU MAY NOW POST.

@novaselinenever
    @Snekhs
    @ewhee~
    @Rotaretilbo
    @Ratchet
    @Dr. White
    @Dazai
    @Makena
    @Santi
    @Lord Genome
    @MUUGEN
    @~Mystic Serenade~
    @King
    @Mio
    @Sphyer

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sphyer

Sphyer

Pocky:
    506℘
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So it begins....operation mexico.

4. ~Mystic Serenade~

~Mystic Serenade~

Pocky:
    554℘
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Hello mein comrades.

5. Sphyer

Sphyer

Pocky:
    506℘
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello comrade. How's it going?

6. ~Mystic Serenade~

~Mystic Serenade~

Pocky:
    554℘
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Pretty good, pretty good. We will show them that humanity reigns supreme.
    :satlaugh

7. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    2,124℘
    Ratings:
    +407 / 12 / -11
    Should probably get the Innocent/Guilty thing out of the way.

Innocent.

I also propose we state our species, just in case there is some importance there.

Mine's Human.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ~Mystic Serenade~

~Mystic Serenade~

Pocky:
    554℘
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Ratchet, I am curious. Are you familiar with this series and its story?

9. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    2,124℘
    Ratings:
    +407 / 12 / -11
    I am. Been a while since I watched it, but I saw it while it was airing and rewatched parts of it afterwards.

10. Rotaretilbo

Rotaretilbo Administrator

Pocky:
    1,995℘
    Ratings:
    +422 / 21 / -5
    Innocent.

I'm somewhat concerned by this. There's really only one Town-aligned character that isn't human, they are very likely to be present, and I would really rather not expose that character.

11. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    2,124℘
    Ratings:
    +407 / 12 / -11
    Not true. Not true at all actually. Both Uda and Shinichi would make sense as Town, and there is an argument for even Reiko depending on where exactly it picks up from given that there was a clear distinction between her and the likes of Gotou made.

12. ~Mystic Serenade~

~Mystic Serenade~

Pocky:
    554℘
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    That all being said though, revealing someone as both town and their species would be greatly telling of potential power roles and isn't entirely wise. There was also mention of bastard mechanics and given how parasitism works in this series, I would venture to say that revealing you're straight up human isn't all that wise either.
    :ufdup
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2018 ---
    On that note I'm placing my suspicions on you, this was either some real rookie slip or an attempt at lowkey power role hunting.
    [Vote Lynch Ratchet]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rotaretilbo

Rotaretilbo Administrator

Pocky:
    1,995℘
    Ratings:
    +422 / 21 / -5
    I will acknowledge that I forgot about Jaw, but I feel like my point still remains. Outing Migi and possibly Jaw is not useful to Town.

Eh, I think that would be somewhat of a stretch. While Reiko is distinct from Gotou, she was still an antagonist until the 11th hour of the show.

14. Snekhs

Snekhs

Pocky:
    3,484℘
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 12 / -0
    I investigate Innocent. @~Mystic Serenade~ @Mio @Sphyer are you aware of the Innocent/Guilty procedure? It’s something that’s most efficient when everyone takes part in it so I’d like to know if you know what it’s about and whether or not you’re willing to participate.

Ratchet is nothing like a rookie but I’m curious as to why he suggested to out our species. If this game follows the anime plot, then I believe Shinichi and Uda would be classified as humans, and I frankly don’t see Reiko as Town, as nuanced as her character was. So I’m with Rot here.

15. MUUGEN

MUUGEN

Ratings:
    +646 / 37 / -15
    Well this game will be a tough one for me due to not knowing the flavours nor the general synopsis of this anime.

16. ~Mystic Serenade~

~Mystic Serenade~

Pocky:
    554℘
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    I am unfamiliar with the nuances of this particular mass claiming of innocent/guilty at the start of game.

17. Ratchet

Ratchet

Pocky:
    2,124℘
    Ratings:
    +407 / 12 / -11
    I mean I don't think my position is all that unreasonable here. We have our species listed, presumably it plays some importance. In fact, I think it might be our primary angle to investigate with, given that this was a major plot point within the anime.

18. Snekhs

Snekhs

Pocky:
    3,484℘
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 12 / -0
    The anime is very bingeable ^^ but if you really don’t have the time or the desire to watch it, there’s always the wiki ;). Basically a bunch of parasite eggs one day land on Earth and, after hatching, each parasite tries to take control of the nearest human by replacing their brain. The parasited bodies are physically enhanced (they can transform body parts into blades, are more resistant than regular humans...) and the parasites are clever enough to learn language and some basic concepts of human behavior, infiltrating human society. Parasites eat humans, so they kill them. For a parasite, moving from one body to another is extremely difficult, but there’s one case where several parasites are in one body. As to our main character, the parasite that tried to steal his body failed and only managed to replace his hand, so now they live in symbiosis. In order to survive, Migi, the hand parasite, helps Shinichi, the main character, to identify other parasites (they have the ability to sense the presence of each other) and to kill them (because they’re hostile to Shinichi).
    I’m replying to other posts in a separate post

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Snekhs

Snekhs

Pocky:
    3,484℘
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 12 / -0
    This mass claim is a contract of sorts, that says: if you’re a friend of Town, but an Investigation on you would yield "Guilty", then you say it on Day 1. Such people would be Millers and pro-Town Indies, such as Survivor. The next part says: if you didn’t say that you’d be investigated Guilty, but later have a Guilty Investigation result on you, you're immediately lynched.
    This procedure has 3 advantages:
    • It forces Mafia to decide right off the bat whether they want to pass off as a role that investigates Guilty or Innocent, without knowledge acquired in later phases. If they say Guilty, they’ll be under scrutiny, and if they say Inno but are later investigated as Guilty, they’ll be lynched.
    • It helps the Cop reduce their pool of targets, since investigating someone who has claimed Guilty is pointless
    • It’s one way to get the ball rolling
    Typing these explanations gave me an idea: given the flavour, it’s possible that Parasyte/Human will be the Cop results this time, instead of Guilty/Inno :hm

20. ~Mystic Serenade~

~Mystic Serenade~

Pocky:
    554℘
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    I mean if that's how it rolls in this neck of the woods then yea I investigate innocent and am also truly innocent.
    :kannawave