Would you give up your existence in this reality...

Discussion in 'News & Offtopic' started by Nep Nep, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    Would you give up your existence in this reality to live in another?

One day your favorite character from whatever anime or video game appears from some sort of dimensional rift.

You and this character talk for a while and they deduce that it's possible for you to join that universe.

However there are sacrifices to be made...

1 -> You MUST become a person that already inhabits that world this will essentially send their soul back to their world and it will act according to the rules of that reality. For example, becoming Cloud in FF7 would send Clouds soul back to the life stream and you would take his body and life

2 -> Time will be rewound in that reality and you will live that life from the very beginning.

3 -> The people you know in our reality will not forget you.

4 -> Depending on the character you pick your personality will be influenced, you will no longer be yourself. The exceptions would be Persona protagonists. If you became Persona 3's protagonist you would be more sarcastic and your personality would be a little darker. If you became Persona 4's you'd have a little less self confidence and depend on your friends more. However if you picked say Sora from Kingdom Hearts, your sense of self would be pushed into your subconscious, your traits would be suppressed for the most part by Sora's.

So, what is your choice?

Do you give up your sense of self, force the soul of a character out of their body, and leave everyone in your world behind to live in the reality of your choosing?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Pocky:
    2,876℘
    Ratings:
    +419 / 62 / -7
    Not sure if I would in case I have no means to revert it

It would be much easier if it's a temporary change

I'd definitely visit Dragonball and Hunter x Hunter verses, I'd enjoy to take a look on One Piece, Pokémon and many other series.

Overall there are so many fictions that it's difficult to just pick one in particular... I would go with Hunter x Hunter... the world geography made me impressed... one of the coolest imo

3. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    Nope, this is a permanent choice.

Nothing good comes without sacrifice.

4. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Pocky:
    2,876℘
    Ratings:
    +419 / 62 / -7
    Unless you have a natural talent at it :ufdup

But yes I got it and it's definitely a difficult choice. You would give up everything you ALREADY have in order to discover and explore another reality

Not sure if I would be brave hearted enough to jump in this new reality and I think that if the occasion showed up for real things would be different even

5. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Pocky:
    2,215℘
    Ratings:
    +1,226 / 2 / -2
    I would love to give up this reality and go into another anime's world. But if the people in my reality don't forget me it will be hard to leave them behind. Especially my family who have been with me from the beginning.

Also it would be uncomfortable leaving my body for another. I love myself too much xD.

6. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Pocky:
    2,876℘
    Ratings:
    +419 / 62 / -7
    Agreed. I don't wanna betray people I love for another reality.

7. Nep Nep

Nep Nep

Pocky:
    3,892℘
    Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -0
    Oh right, rude of me not to answer my own thread.

I love myself quite a bit too.

But there are a few characters that are enough like me that I'd not lose much of myself at all.

It's a tough choice. If you consider that those realities could exist then you're not only essentially committing suicide in your own reality but you're also writing that character out of their known existence.

Even if it ends up better for them in certain universes, one can't help but feel bad for altering their existence completely.

I think that I'd still do it.

There are lots of possibilities in realities with less rules. Maybe leaving this reality now could find clues to make it a much more pleasant reality in the future.

Besides, even IF you're like the character you're still rewriting yourself too. It'd be like if reincarnation exists except it crosses realities instead of just life. Die in one life, completely new in another.

Incidentally, if this was possible it could be that every person that exists in your reality already live in another.

8. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Pocky:
    2,215℘
    Ratings:
    +1,226 / 2 / -2
    Totally true. If there is a person like me I might consider switching bodies but I wouldn’t want the same kind of people I met in this life to be there as well XD.

But it’s be hard to replace the originals unless they look and sound like tha original ^^ (family)

If this is reincarnation after death then I wouldn’t mind. If it’s inevitable that I’m gonna leave this reality then I might as well choose another with less rules and superpowers. Hopefully I’ll be a Saiyan XD

9. Finalbeta

Finalbeta

Pocky:
    2,876℘
    Ratings:
    +419 / 62 / -7
    Oh well I would like to be Goku lol

Wouldn't mind being Trunks but that guy's life has always been damn though unless we talk about the Trunks of the present timeline

• Like Like x 1